1. Students are advised to ensure the following points before leaving their home country.
2. An Offer letter/Admission letter will be issued to the International student [which provides vital information about the student such as Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Passport and Visa Number, Name of the program] which is required to be submitted at the Indian Embassy or High Commission of India to get the visa.
3. Students need to book their Air tickets to Raipur after taking a Valid Student Visa from Indian Embassy/High Commission. MATS University is just 30 minutes’ drive from Raipur Airport.
4. Students have to make sure that they have taken all the required vaccinations like Yellow Fever, Typhoid Vaccine, Hepatitis Vaccine, HIV etc. to avoid medical complications while they are in India.
5. Students have to inform the MATS University International counselor for the Airport pickup at least one week prior to arrival and also need to provide their complete flight details.
6. Students have to bring the Admission Letter issued by the University along with all the Certificates/Degrees, Transcripts (in original) and 20 passport size photographs.
7. Students need to carry money in the form of US dollar (as permitted by Indian Laws) which can be easily exchanged at the university as well as at a number of foreign exchange offices and banks or can also use International Debit / Credit Cards.
8. Students have to note that the temperature here ranges between 30 to 45 degree Celsius during summers and 15 to 25 degree Celsius during winters. Here the winter season starts around November so warm clothes (blankets, quilts, woolens, etc.) can be carried accordingly.
9. Whilst everything is available in India, however students must try to get all that they would require during the initial few days. All the essentials can be availed from the University markets available around a range of 5 km – 6 KM from the University Campus.
10. The electric standard in India works on 240 V. So, ensure that you have an adapter for your mobile or laptop adjustable to that in case the ones with you operate on a different voltage in your country. Also the electric sockets are 2 or 3 pin so ensure that you carry a converter in case required.
11. Health insurance will be provided to our international students coming from Saarc and African university however medical expenses will be covered by the students only.