A cloud is a pool of virtualized computer resources. Cloud computing is a term use to describe both a platform and type of application. A cloud-computing platform dynamically provisions, Configures, reconfigures, and deprivations servers as needed. Servers in the cloud can be physical machines or virtual machines. Advanced clouds typically include other computing resources such as storage area networks (SANs), network equipment, firewall and other security devices. Cloud computing also describes applications that are extend to be accessible through the Internet. These cloud applications use large data centers and powerful servers that host Web Applications and Web services. Anyone with a suitable Internet connection and a standard browser can access a cloud application.
Benefits of Cloud Computing:
· The cloud computing platform helps employees who are located in different geographies to collaborate in a highly convenient and secure manner.
· Cloud computing infrastructures can allow enterprises to achieve efficient use of IT hardware and software investments. They do this by breaking down the physical barriers inherent in isolated systems, and automating the management of the group of systems as a single entity.
· Cloud computing is an example of an ultimately virtualized system, and a natural evolution for data centers that employ automated systems management, workload balancing, and virtualization technologies.
· The Cloud makes it possible to launch Web 2.0 applications quickly and to scale up applications as much as needed when needed.
· Cloud computing can play a significant role in a variety of areas including internal pilots, innovations, virtual worlds, e-business, social networks, and search.
· In e-business, scalability can be achieved by making new servers available as needed.
· Reliability is one of the biggest pluses of cloud computing. You can always be instantly update about the changes.
Courses of Cloud Computing:
Courses related to fields of computer science and information technology at graduation and post
graduation level are offer to become expert in cloud computing by choosing it as specialized Subject and gain their knowledge along with practical approach of learning capabilities. You need to join university courses to learn the overall operations of cloud computing and by this you can build your carrier as cloud expert and provide services to various organizations.
Dr Vaibhav Sharma
Assistant Professor, MSIT